You don’t have to be Irish to enjoy St. Patrick’s Day! Don your best green attire and head out to these awesome events happening throughout March!
Getting into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit doesn’t always mean drinking green beer and friendly shenanigans! Some prefer to celebrate by being outdoors, surrounded by greenery instead. This year, there’s plenty of healthy, outdoor options for those who enjoy getting out in the fresh air.
- The Shamrock 5K Trail Run is a beginner 5K run that takes place at Hillandale Park Saturday, March 16th. Introductions and race announcements will begin at 9:00am, the run will begin at 9:30am rain or shine. Proceeds benefit the Harrisonburg Cardinals Wheelchair Basketball Team.
- For those who do still enjoy having a green beer and exercising, there’s Yoga, Green Beer and Rock & Roll on March 16th! Come have a blast at Salamander Resort in honor of St. Patrick’s Day while stretching and building muscle in this Vinyasa Yoga workshop, set to a soundtrack of upbeat hard rock hits. Enjoy a complimentary green beer when you are done!
- For those looking for a fun, family-friendly way to kick off the festivities, there’s Bryce Resort‘s Winter Fest, happening Saturday, March 9th. Enjoy a pancake breakfast followed with their Polar Plunge, Costume Parade, and their well known Pond Skimming! Food and Live music will end the day.
Green beer, good friends, live music, and all the other classic ways you love to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
- Celebrate the Winchester community’s Irish and Scottish heritage at their annual Old Town St. Paddy’s Celtic Festival this Saturday, March 9th! Starting at noon, downtown Winchester stores and locations will have activities ranging from live music, Irish dancers, heritage films, kids activities, and vendors along the walking mall outside. For a full schedule, click here. Among the vendors, keep your eyes peeled for Alpha Voyages Travel Agency, who will be there to talk about traveling to Ireland and Scotland!
- For those looking for to plunge into malarkey and shenanigans, we recommend checking out Loudoun county‘s Shamrock & Roll St. Patrick’s Day Block Party, happening March 16th. Starting at 11AM and running until 2AM, enjoy live music, DJ, Irish performances, and tasty Irish cocktails and food! Grab your tickets, grab your friends, and get ready to have some fun!
- If live music and dancing is your thing, try Front Royal‘s St. Patrick’s Day Dance on for size. Front Royal Moose Lodge will be hosting the dance on March 16th with music provided by Souled Out. Doors will open at 7 pm and tickets are only $15 each! Alcohol provided. For more details and ticket options, click here!
Eat Like an Irishman
When it comes to Irish cuisine, you sometime’s need to think outside of the potato. There’s so many delicious and classic Irish dishes to try at these local heritage themed restaurants! We recommend visiting these lucky places for a classic St. Patrick’s Day dish.
Nana’s Irish Pub – Middletown, VA
Corgans Publick House – Harrisonburg, VA
Cork Street Tavern – Winchester, VA
Paddy’s Irish Pub – Charles Town, WV
Wherever, however, and with whoever you choose to celebrate this St. Patrick’s Day, we hope it’s a phenomenal one. Be safe, stay warm, and make sure to avoid getting pinched by rocking whatever green you’ve got!