It’s relatively hard to plan a summer trip that appeases the whole family, especially the teens locked to their cellphones. But Bryce Resort of the Basye, Virginia is a heaven-sent adventure park that gets everyone outside and disconnected from the phone. From zip-lines to tubing, mini-golf to lake fun, the options are endless! So to help you out, GoBRT has listed some awesome attractions to get you started.
Catch Summer Rays at Lake Laura
Bryce Resort is surrounded by tranquil Lake Laura. For a small fee, the family can spend the entire summer day lounging on the private fenced-in grassy beach while kids swim and play in Lake Laura.There is a sandy beach play area for the little ones; older kids love swimming out to the floating docks; and mom and dad will enjoy relaxing in the sun or under the shade of the trees. If you want to be more active, Lake Laura offers boat rentals, canoes, paddleboats, paddleboards and kayaks. If you are in the mood for a hike, enjoy the 3–mile nature/hiking trail with scenic views around Lake Laura. Snacks, soft drinks, and life jackets are available. Pets, alcoholic beverages and grills are not permitted. For Lake Laura hours and pricing, click here.
Take in the View on the Year Round Chair-Lift
Bryce’s chair-lift is a “must do” at the Resort. Enjoy the ride both uphill and downhill on our fabulous new quad chairlift and enjoy the views as you look out over the the Shenandoah Valley and the North Mountain at the West Virginia border. Lift rides take approximately 10 minutes each way and are essential to visitors attending attractions like: the disc golf course, ziplining, bike park, and summer tubing located at the top of the mountain.
Hint for Buckets Adventure Game: you can find the Outdoor Adventure card’s magic word at the top of the mountain!
Friendly competition the whole family can enjoy
- With the new disc golf unveiled this summer, families can go head to head on the course that stretches along the ski slopes. “This is a unique 9-hole course that requires a chair-lift ride to the top of the mountain so you can play your way back to the base,” says Doug Grayson of Bryce Resort. Disc Golf is for all ages and is relatively easy to learn.
- The recently refurbished 18 hole mini golf course of Bryce Resort features whimsical obstacles reflecting the local area and resort icons. Put through the Washington Monument and challenging windmill to make the hole-in-one! Putters and golf balls can be rented at the Pro Shop.
Get your adrenaline racing with Bryce Bike Park
Bryce Resort’s bike park will get you off your couch and onto the mountain for an adrenaline pumping day of riding that you will never forget. Bryce Bike Park is a cu
stom designed park with trail features that are unique to the park. The park has 8 trails ranging from beginner to advanced, some of which are over 2 miles in length. Bryce also offers a skills park where you can practice your skills prior to heading up the mountain. A specially equipped Quad chairlift allows bikers maximum ride time without wasting precious energy pedalling uphill, allowi
ng you to watch other riders catch big air. Bryce recommends the Bike Park for ages 12 and up, although more experienced riders below the age range are permitted.
Other Recommended Activities
- Zipline Adventure will make you soar high over the trees and slopes of Bryce Resort. Criss-crossing the mountainside on 11 different lines, the Zipline Adventure cruises over chairlifts at over 90 feet off the ground. Try to enjoy the view as you fly by at almost 40 miles per hour.
- Bryce’s Summer Tubing provides exciting fun for the young and old alike. Starting at age 4, everyone can enjoy tubing down the same slope as the winter, but with no snow. The plastic hill provides the slippery surface needed to slide in a tube with no bathing suit required.
- The Euro Bungy provides a great place for kids to bounce high in the sky with every ounce of energy they have. This zone using bungees and trampolines offers everyone the chance to bounce and flip until they can’t bounce anymore.
Bryce has proved they have something for all ages. So plan your trip today and get your kids outside at Bryce Resort! Click here for lodging and more information.